TRACK – MANAGER: Leading people well is a skill that requires dedication and practice, separate from our technical competence. Beyond the practical managerial training offered by our own organizations, self-awareness is key. What areas of people leadership are “easy” for us? Where might we run into challenges, and who can we turn to when that happens? What are others doing in these situations, and how can we learn from them?
- Scientists in their first role as managers of others, or who
wish to improve in this area.
- Scientists serving as cross-functional team leaders.
WE’LL USE OUR INSIGHTS DISCOVERY PROFILES AND UNIQUE WORK SITUATIONS TO DIG INTO TOPICS SUCH AS:
- Effective Communication.
- Translating Vision into Goals.
- Delegation: Deliver through Authority.
- Feedback is a Gift. Really.
- Bouncing Back: Building Resilience in Ourselves & Others.